Important: Test the LCD and Digitizer BEFORE Installing in Device:
Test the LCD / Digitizer BEFORE Installing in Device
Steps to follow:
- Do not remove protective screen film/ cover
- Attach the flex cable from LCD/Digitizer to your phone or tablet.
- Ensure the flex cable is seated correctly with a "click sound" (IMPORTANT DO NOT BEND - CABLE IS VERY FRAGILE)
- Power on your phone or tablet and test if the image and touch screen are working. (Make sure your phone is charged)
- If failure - clean cables with alcohol and repeat steps
Damaged or defective items must be reported within 72 hours of receipt of order. Once installation begins, removing the screen protective film and/or applying adhesive will void returns, refunds, and exchanges.
LCD Screen Installation Tips
- Watch a repair video on YouTube prior to attempting any repair. (link above)
- Review how to use tools in tool kit (link above)
- Many screws will be removed and then re-installed when replacing the screen. These screws are of different size and length.
Mark each screw and related assemble with number so that you can recognize them easily. If you put a screw into a wrong place, your phone could be damage.
- Keep all pieces organized and numbered and work on a well lit white paper base so that you can see any little pieces that might go missing.
- To prevent equipment damage, make sure you start your repair in a static-free environment.
Use a rubber mat - one designed for anti-static or just a household table place mat. You can avoid electro-static by using proper grounding techniques such as wear anti-static bracelet.
- Make sure you power off your phone before starting the repair work.
- Check whether there is any dust or debris in between the flex cables and motherboard. Clear them with brush or alcohol dipped cloth.
- Make sure flex cable is properly connected with a “click” sound”.
- Don’t force the connector together until they are properly lined up.
- Don’t bend the flex cable.
- Make sure to remove the red/purple static protection sheet from metal inside of LCD (using small tab sticking out).
From our experience, after failing to install an LCD assembly the first time, when you try to install it by connecting the connector to the motherboard the second time static will be generated and it will damage the IC on the flex cable or connector rendering the assembly defective. Thus, when replacing the LCD screen assembly, you should always remember to have an anti-static wristband on your hand or other static prevention measures in place. Use a rubber mat.
Most screens come with a protective film to guard against scratches. DON'T remove this until new part is secured in phone. The glass/screen attract dust and fingerprints as well. The protective film help reduce this.
Glass Screen Installation
Get step-by-step-instructions on how to replace the glass screen on your phone.
Click here to view >
RepairPartsPlus has done extensive research to identify the best adhesive to secure your glass or lcd to phone. 2mm double-sided adhesive is easiest to use and specially designed to fit the phone edges. Adhesive is necessary if replacing front glass or digitizer only. It is optional for LCD screen assemblies. Adhesive is not required, if the frame is being replaced such as with an iPhone LCD.
Apply the adhesive strips all along the edge of the screen and then in middle of any solid back areas at top and bottom. Just peel the adhesive strips and cut as needed.
Here is a link to a YouTube video showing how to use double-sided adhesive:
Note: Replacement screens can be secured using adhesive tape strips or UV glue. While the UV glue provides a stronger, longer lasting bond, the adhesive strips are a much safer solution. Use of UV glue requires a curing lamp and can result in damage to a device if too much is used and it seeps into other parts of the phone. We don't recommend glue for first time DIYers. UV glue and curing lamp can be purchased separately if desired.
Good luck with your repair!
Be sure to keep all packaging in case you need to send anything back to us to ensure no breakage during delivery.
RepairPartsPlus is not responsible for any damage to devices during installation.