Finding Your Microsoft Surface Model Number is Easy...
If your display still works
- Select the Start button, then type system information.
- Select System information in the list of results.
- Find System Model under the Item column.
- The model info for your Surface will appear in the Value column next to System Model.
If your display no longer functions, then locate the serial number on your device. You may need to search on internet to locate model number for that serial number.
- Surface Pro models, Surface Go models, Surface 2, Surface 3, and Surface RT—To find the serial number on your Surface device, flip out the kickstand and look for the string of numbers near its base.
- Surface Book models—The serial number for your Surface Book is on the bottom edge of the Clipboard where it attaches to the keyboard.
- Surface Laptop models—The serial number for Surface Laptop is on the bottom-center near the hinge.
Find Right Parts for Your Microsoft Surface Device
- Click Surface Parts link here >
- Or Use search form at top of site with model number
- Or Browse by device under MORE BRANDS in top navigation of any page