Important: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS, WATCH A REPAIR VIDEO AND TEST NEW BATTERY BEFORE CLOSING DEVICE
IMPORTANT Battery Replacement Preparation
- Have a PC or another phone to watch video while doing repair
- Watch a repair video before starting the repair. Repair Videos »
- Back up your device via iCloud or iTunes before proceeding
- Confirm the phone is powered off before starting repair
- Before you begin, discharge your iPhone battery below 25%. A charged lithium-ion battery can catch fire and/or explode if accidentally punctured.
We also recommend to disconnect your battery as some models will keep power even when phone is powered off.
- Keep track of screws.
Many screws will be removed and then re-installed. Screws are of different size and length.
Mark each screw in order that you remove and related assembly with a number so that you can recognize them easily.
If you put a screw into the wrong spot, your phone could be damaged.
- Keep all pieces organized and numbered and work on a well lit WHITE paper base (like a sheet of paper or paper towel) so that you can see any little pieces that might go missing.
- WARNING - Don’t force the connectors together until they are properly lined up. If a part doesn't fit quite right, don't force it. Take a step back and see if something's out of place such as a loose screw that's been magnetized to an ear speaker.
Additional household items that will help to have on hand:
- Hair dryer or heat gun - to loosen adhesive that hold screen in case
- Playing card or credit card/ Razor blade / Exacto knife - to help lift out screen and cut through adhesive
- Microfiber cloth
Treat Flex Cables Gently - Very Fragile
- Use tools instead of your finger during the installation. Otherwise, it will damage the screen!
- Check for any dust or debris in between the flex cables and motherboard. Clear it with a brush or an alcohol dipped cloth.
- Make sure the flex cables are properly connected with a “clicking” sound.
- Don't bend the flex cables.
Using Repair Tools
Review tools in Repair Tool Kit - here.
The tool kit includes different screwdriver heads and it is important to use the right one as to not strip the screw heads. NEVER over-torque a screw, it can easily damage something else or get stripped and stuck.
Static Free, Clean Environment
- Make sure you have a nice clean space to work in with minimal distractions. A room that's not carpeted would be ideal. Make sure to be careful and minimize static electricity which can damage your device.
- Use proper grounding techniques such as wearing an anti-static wrist strap (available in our store) or touch a steel table leg to discharge any static before starting work on anything.
- If possible,
use latex gloves or work on rubber mat, one designed for anti-static or just a household table place mat.
If you have trouble, check out our
Troubleshooting Tips »
Covers common issues and how to resolve
Good luck with your repair!
Be sure to keep all packaging in case you need to send anything back to us to ensure no breakage during delivery.
Phone repairs take patience and precision. RepairPartsPlus is not responsible for any damage to devices during installation.